We asked Order of Canada members about what they think the next 50 years will hold in their areas of expertise. They shared a mix of predictions, insights, advice and personal experiences. See what they had to say as part of this series!
What I Think the Next 50 years Will Hold…
- A professional women’s hockey league run by the National Hockey League.
- More parity internationally in women’s hockey at the Olympic Games.
- A 50-year reunion of the Canadian women’s hockey team that won gold at the 2002 Olympic Games.
- Sports coverage that includes female sports just as much as male sports.
- An environment where female athletes are supported just as much as male athletes.
- A better understanding of the environment and how we can make it better for our children.
- Better access to sport for all children at schools and in their communities.
- A cure for cancer.
- No judgement by anyone towards another person.
- More love around the world.
Watch Cassie’s impressions following her investiture into the Order of Canada, on May 12, 2017: